Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Playing with LibraryThing

Today I decided to spend "15 minutes" on LibraryThing - a nice tool to make a virtual catalogue of you own library. I ll start with books I have in English (cause there are few of them), and if i like the process - I'll catalogue the whole library.
To start is surprisingly simple - you don't need to register. It's great! I, like most users don't like to fill in long web-forms.
To find and add a book is easy too. The Thing allow you to search Amazon, Abebook, Alibris and many other resources.
The first book I've chosen for search is The Lord of The Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien and I even found the book in that very cover I have at home.
And I also found out that 5,934 members have the book in their library, and there are only 13 books more popular (I wonder what :)
Now I'm thinking of finding the full text and attaching it to MyLibrary.

Hmmmm..... I"ve just found out that I cannot automatically add books in Russian unless I type the information myself... and if I make up my mind to do it, I don't know when the work will be done :(

No comments: